Indonesia Cut Ties with JP Morgan
The Indonesia government has cut business ties with JP Morgan Chase & Co after a equities downgrade by the bank. JP Morgan has several business partnerships with Indonesia, including acting as one of the banks to receive penalty payments from Indonesians in its tax amnesty program. JP Morgan is one of the largest foreign banks operating in Indonesia.
“The Indonesia government has cut business ties with JP Morgan Chase & Co after a equities downgrade by the bank.”
~ Wall Street Journal
With effect from 1st Jan, the Finance Ministry’s treasury directorate general has said that it will be ending all partnerships with JP Morgan due to research that could affect the stability of the country’s financial system.
About JP Morgan
JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States. With a history dating back over 200 years, here’s where we stand today:
- We are a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion.
- We operate in more than 100 countries.
- We have over 235,000 employees.
- We serve millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
- We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- Our stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Visit: JP Morgan Chase & Co
The Wealth Insider is the world’s leading wealth intelligence for global wealth managers, investments managers, asset managers, high net-worth service providers and wealthy individuals. Our global workforce seamlessly present the inside news of the most relevant news, insights, global wealth trends, innovation & digital transformation to our global audience.
Get The Wealth Insider Daily
- For Press Release, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Media-related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
- For Advertisement, please contact our official ad agency