18.1 Million HNWIs with $70.2 Trillion Averaging $3.87 Million Each in 2017
The world has 18.1 million HNWIs (High Net Worth Individuals) with total wealth of $70.2 trillion in 2017, in the latest World Wealth Report 2018 Report released by Capgemini. On average, each HNWI has an individual wealth of $3.87 million.
” 18.1 Million HNWIs with $70.2 Trillion Averaging $3.87 Million Each in 2017 “
HNWIs population grew from 16.6 million to 18.1 million in 2017, adding 1.5 million more HNWIs. The total wealth of HNWIs grew from $63.5 trillion to $70.2 trillion in 2017, adding $6.7 trillion of wealth to the HNWIs population. Asia-Pacific has the most HNWIs with 6.18 million while North America has 5.66 million and Europe with 4.83 million. Asia-Pacific HNWIs also held the most wealth with $21.59 Trillion, North America has $19.79 Trillion while Europe has $15.85 Trillion.
- Asia-Pacific 6.18 Million (+12.1%)
- North America 5.66 Million (+9.9%)
- Europe 4.83 Million (+7.3%)
- Latin America 0.60 Million (+7.3%)
- Middle East 0.66 Million (+2.1%)
- Africa 0.17 Million (+0.69%)
- Asia-Pacific $21.59 Trillion (+14.8%)
- North America $19.79 Trillion (+10.3%)
- Europe $15.85 Trillion (+7.8%)
- Latin America $8.74 Trillion (+8.8%)
- Middle East 2.49 Trillion (+2.9%)
- Africa $1.7 Trillion (+0.3%)
HNWIs are defined as those having investable assets of US$1 million or more, excluding primary residence, collectibles, consumables, and consumer durables.
The Wealth Insider is the world’s leading wealth intelligence for global wealth managers, investments managers, asset managers, high net-worth service providers and wealthy individuals. Our global workforce seamlessly present the inside news of the most relevant news, insights, global wealth trends, innovation & digital transformation to our global audience.
Get The Wealth Insider Daily
- For Press Release, please contact email@example.com
- For Media-related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Advertisement, please contact our official ad agency