14 Billionaires Including Founder of Infosys and Linkedin Pledged More than 50% of their Wealth to Charitable Causes
14 billionaires including Nandan Nilekani, Chairman and co-founder of Infosys, India’s top 10 largest company and co-founder of Linkedin Reid Hoffman have pledged to give more than 50% of their wealth to charitable causes in their life or will. Their commitment to pledge 50% of their wealth is part of the Giving Pledge that began in 2010 with 40 American philanthropists.
” 14 Billionaires Including Founder of Infosys and Linkedin Pledged More than 50% of their Wealth to Charitable Causes “
In August 2010, 2 of the world’s richest individuals Bill Gates & his wife Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett created the Giving Pledge together with 40 of America’s wealthiest. The Giving Pledge gathers billionaires or those who would be billionaires to give more than half of their wealth to charitable causes during their lifetimes or in their will.
Since 2010 and in the 8th year in 2018, there are 183 billionaire givers from 22 countries to the Giving Pledge with the announcement of the 14 new pledges from billionaires around the world. Ranging in age from their 30s to their 90s, they come from 22 countries in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland and Taiwan), Cyprus, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Monaco, Norway, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Tanzania, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
14 new billionaires announced on 30th May 2018:
- Aneel and Allison Bhusri, United States | Aneel Bhusri is co-founder and CEO of Workday
- David G. Booth, United States | David Booth founder of Dimensional Fund Advisors
- Charles Butt, United States | Charles Butt CEO of H-E-B
- Garrett Camp, Canada | Garrett Camp Founder and CEO of Expo
- Candy and Charlie Ergen, United States | Charlie Ergen co-founder and Chairman of Dish Network and EchoStar
- Mario and Regina Gabelli, United States | Mario Gabelli Chairman and CEO of GAMCO Investors
- Orion and Jackie Hindawi, United States | Orion Hindawi co-founder of Tanium
- Reid Hoffman and Michelle Yee, United States | Reid Hoffman co-Founder of LinkedIn and Partner at Greylock Partners
- Badr Jafar and Razan Al Mubarak, UAE | Badr Jafar CEO of Crescent Enterprises and President of Crescent Petroleum
- Richard and Melanie Lundquist, United States | Owners of Continental Development Corporation
- Rohini and Nandan Nilekani, India | Nandan Nilekani co-Founder and Chairman of Infosys
- Ernest and Evelyn Rady, United States | Ernest Rady President and CEO of American Assets Trust
- Dr. B.R. Shetty and Dr. C.R. Shetty, UAE| Dr. B.R. Shetty founder of NMC Health plc
- Shamsheer and Shabeena Vayalil, UAE and India | Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil founder and MD VPS Healthcare
Source: Giving Pledge
The Wealth Insider is the world’s leading wealth intelligence for global wealth managers, investments managers, asset managers, high net-worth service providers and wealthy individuals. Our global workforce seamlessly present the inside news of the most relevant news, insights, global wealth trends, innovation & digital transformation to our global audience.
Get The Wealth Insider Daily
- For Press Release, please contact email@example.com
- For Media-related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Advertisement, please contact our official ad agency