Temasek Holdings Portfolio Rises to Record US$199 Billion
Singapore sovereign wealth fund Temasek Holdings reported a nearly 14 percent jump in its portfolio value to a record S$275 billion ($199 billion) last year, due to gains in shares of Chinese banks and of its Singapore companies. The gains in the portfolio have reversed a 9 percent decline in its assets a year ago.
“The gains in the portfolio have reversed a 9 percent decline in its assets a year ago.”
Returns for sovereign funds have rebounded as global stocks rallied. Japan’s Government Pension Investment Fund generated a return of 5.9 percent in the year ended March 31, recovering from its worst performance since the global financial crisis.
- One-year return to shareholder of 13%
- 10- and 20-year return to shareholder of 4% and 6%, respectively
- 15% return to shareholder, compounded annually since inception in 1974
- Dividend income of S$7 billion, or about 19 times our interest expense for the year
- Invested S$16 billion and divested S$18 billion, resulting in net divestment
Incorporated in 1974, Temasek is an investment company headquartered in Singapore. Supported by 10 offices internationally, Temasek owns a S$275 billion portfolio as at 31 March 2017, mainly in Singapore and the rest of Asia.Our portfolio covers a broad spectrum of industries: financial services; telecommunications, media & technology; transportation & industrials; consumer & real estate; life sciences & agribusiness; as well as energy & resources.
The Wealth Insider is the world’s leading wealth intelligence for global wealth managers, investments managers, asset managers, high net-worth service providers and wealthy individuals. Our global workforce seamlessly present the inside news of the most relevant news, insights, global wealth trends, innovation & digital transformation to our global audience.
Get The Wealth Insider Daily
- For Press Release, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Media-related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
- For Advertisement, please contact our official ad agency