Ant Financial Plans to Buy 20% Stake in Thailand’s Ascend Money
Ant Financial is planning to purchase a 20% stake in Thailand’s Ascend Money in a bid to become a key financial services player in Southeast Asia. An investment into Ascend Money, parent of True Money and Ascend Nano would help Ant Financial expand its online payments and small loans business in Southeast Asia.
“The company will spend 6 billion baht (US$170 million) on expansion this year, 83 percent of which will be spent outside of Thailand.”
~ Ascend Group Chief Executive Officer Punnamas Vichitkulwongsa
Ascend Group Chief Executive Officer Punnamas Vichitkulwongsa in April told the Bangkok Post the company will spend 6 billion baht (US$170 million) on expansion this year, 83 percent of which will be spent outside of Thailand.
About Ascend Group
We provide scalable, cost-effective end-to-end eCommerce platform and services, with fulfillment solution that enhances delivery efficiency for both online and offline sales channels, ePayment and lending, eService business providing comprehensive digital marketing solutions, world-class data centers and cloud services and venture capital.
Visit: Ascend Group
About True Money
Thailand’s premier online payment brand, encompassing multiple solutions that help facilitate various transactional needs. TrueMoney provides several platforms for the community including;
- Wallet by TrueMoney – a smartphone application enabling people to manage their daily transactional needs
- WeCard by MasterCard – a virtual and physical debit card brand for both online and physical payments designed specifically with the user in mind, and seamlessly integrated within Wallet
- TrueMoney CashCard – Built for online gamers in mind, CashCard facility provides an easy way to convert physical money into virtual cash. Available nationwide at all 7-Eleven stores, CashCard can be also used to Top Up cash on TrueMoveH’s Prepaid mobile services
- PayPoint & PayPoint Auto – Designed for self-services (Kiosk) and rural areas through partner, PayPoint provides people with access to bill payments.
Visit: True Money
The Wealth Insider is the world’s leading wealth intelligence for global wealth managers, investments managers, asset managers, high net-worth service providers and wealthy individuals. Our global workforce seamlessly present the inside news of the most relevant news, insights, global wealth trends, innovation & digital transformation to our global audience.
Get The Wealth Insider Daily
- For Press Release, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Media-related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
- For Advertisement, please contact our official ad agency